- Candidate should post graduate and has cleared prescribed examination such as GATE/GPAT/SET/NET/JRF at any earlier time
- Candidate should a post graduate of recognized university working in a National laboratory/Institute/ Government or reputed private organization with minimum five year teaching or research experience. (candidate shall required to appear for an aptitude test approved by university and conducted by research centre where candidates seek for PhD)
- Candidate should a post graduate of recognized university with minimum 55% marks and has successfully cleared the entrance test for PhD conducted by university. (5% relaxation in required percentage marks will be given to candidates of Maharashtra state reserved categories)
- The candidate should a teacher having full time approved teaching experience of at least five years in Degree College of Mumbai University.
Every candidate who is otherwise eligible and qualifies for admission to the Ph.D. in a given Faculty shall make an application for admission to the Principal of an affiliated college/head of department/Director of research institute in a format prescribed for the purpose by the Head of Institution where the candidate desires to seek admission.Enquiry Now Apply Now
Available Research Guide (For Chemistry)
- Dr. Pradnya Prabhu
- Dr. Sugandha Shette
- Dr. Chitra Kamath
- Dr. Yogesh Ghalsasi
- Dr. Nishamol Kanat
- Dr. Veena Khilnani
- Dr. Bright Philip
Allotment of research guide
- Number of candidates per faculty member.
- Available specialization among Research guides.
- Research interest of candidates as indicated during the interview.
- Maximum eight students can be mentored by any guide at a time
- Principal (Chairman)
- Head of the concerned department
- Two subject experts
- Research guides of the concerned subject
Candidate is expected to discuss the proposed research problem during the interview. If the performance of the candidate is found satisfactory at the interview, the candidate may be granted admission to the Ph.D. program irrespective of the same he/she has applied for.